Search Wine Tasting Notes

For a better Search Result, use the Advanced Wine Search. Else, enter the wine name and the vintage if desired, or the region for tasting notes. If you don’t get the result you’re seeking, either we do not have tasting notes on the wine or for that exact year. To help your search results, broaden your search to just the wine name and check for spelling errors. You can sort your results by ratings, vintage or alphabetically.

Château Le Dome

20 notes Sort by: Vintage - Name - Rating

2021 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 94
Flowers, licorice, black cherry, smoke, spice and fresh, leafy herbs open the nose. On the palate, the wine is fresh, supple, soft and polished, with silky tannins and a spicy, plum and deep cherry finish that delivers just a dab of vanilla and crushed rock coming in on the endnote. The wine is a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, which includes fruit normally placed into Les Asteries, 13.4 ABV, pH 3.71. Yields were low at 28 hectoliters per hectare. Harvest took place October 6-14. 2021 is the first vintage produced in their new cellars. Drink from 2025-2042. 93-95

Flowers, licorice, black cherry, smoke, spice and fresh, leafy herbs open the nose. On the palate, the wine is fresh, supple, soft and polished, with silky tannins and a spicy, plum and deep cherry finish that delivers just a dab of vanilla and crushed rock coming in on the endnote. The wine is a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, which includes fruit normally placed into Les Asteries, 13.4 ABV, pH 3.71. Yields were low at 28 hectoliters per hectare. Harvest took place October 6-14. 2021 is the first vintage produced in their new cellars. Drink from 2025-2042. 93-95

788 Views   Tasted
2020 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 97
Flowers, incense, crushed stone, smoke, thyme and red pit fruit aromas get the wine started in the right direction. Full-bodied, fresh, lively, rich, silky and mineral driven, there is purity, lift and richness, leaving you with a gorgeous, elegant, seductive wave of cherries in the end note that lingers long after the wine has left the glass. 96-98 Pts

Flowers, incense, crushed stone, smoke, thyme and red pit fruit aromas get the wine started in the right direction. Full-bodied, fresh, lively, rich, silky and mineral driven, there is purity, lift and richness, leaving you with a gorgeous, elegant, seductive wave of cherries in the end note that lingers long after the wine has left the glass. 96-98 Pts

2,558 Views   Tasted
2019 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 96
Flowers, herbs, truffle, chalk, espresso, red and black pit fruit with a touch of cedar and green, forest leaves are found with ease on the nose. On the palate, the wine is concentrated, dense and intense, with layers of ripe, showy, polished, fruits that come in richly-textured waves blended with herbs, spicebox, toasty oak and black cherries. There is ample lift, weight, concentration and freshness here that accompany the wealth of fruit to keep you interested. Drink from 2027-2049.

Flowers, herbs, truffle, chalk, espresso, red and black pit fruit with a touch of cedar and green, forest leaves are found with ease on the nose. On the palate, the wine is concentrated, dense and intense, with layers of ripe, showy, polished, fruits that come in richly-textured waves blended with herbs, spicebox, toasty oak and black cherries. There is ample lift, weight, concentration and freshness here that accompany the wealth of fruit to keep you interested. Drink from 2027-2049.

1,172 Views   Tasted
Fresh and stony, with good purity to the plums, cherries and blackberry, this wine offers additional complexities of spice box, crushed rock, licorice, mint and espresso. There is ample lift, weight, concentration and freshness, along with a wealth of fruit to keep you interested. 95-97 Pts

Fresh and stony, with good purity to the plums, cherries and blackberry, this wine offers additional complexities of spice box, crushed rock, licorice, mint and espresso. There is ample lift, weight, concentration and freshness, along with a wealth of fruit to keep you interested. 95-97 Pts

2,810 Views   Tasted
2018 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 97
Dark in color, the wine balances power with intensity. You find layers of richness, fruit, crushed rocks, stone, burnt caramel, espresso, ripe, lush plums, thyme and spice in every sniff, swallow and sip. The wine fills your palate while offering balance, complexity and a long, fruit-filled finish. Created from 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, 14.7% ABV.

Dark in color, the wine balances power with intensity. You find layers of richness, fruit, crushed rocks, stone, burnt caramel, espresso, ripe, lush plums, thyme and spice in every sniff, swallow and sip. The wine fills your palate while offering balance, complexity and a long, fruit-filled finish. Created from 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, 14.7% ABV.

1,391 Views   Tasted
Dark in color, intensive aromas of vanilla, blackberry, five spice, plum, spring flowers and jam bring you to a full-bodied, polished, refined wine. Slightly austere but in a good way. There is length, complexity and uniqueness of character. Created from 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, reaching 14.7% alcohol, the harvest took place October 1-October 10. 95-97 Pts

Dark in color, intensive aromas of vanilla, blackberry, five spice, plum, spring flowers and jam bring you to a full-bodied, polished, refined wine. Slightly austere but in a good way. There is length, complexity and uniqueness of character. Created from 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, reaching 14.7% alcohol, the harvest took place October 1-October 10. 95-97 Pts

2,563 Views   Tasted
2017 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 92
Intense in color with lush, polished textures, the wine pops with flowers, plums, herbs and black raspberries. Full bodied and concentrated, there is a freshness and a solid fruitiness right through to the finish. The wine was created from a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot.

Intense in color with lush, polished textures, the wine pops with flowers, plums, herbs and black raspberries. Full bodied and concentrated, there is a freshness and a solid fruitiness right through to the finish. The wine was created from a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot.

2,058 Views   Tasted
2016 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 94
Inky dark in color, the wine pops with all the flowers, black raspberries, smoke, licorice, cherry and vanilla bean you'll need. Full bodied, powerful and concentrated, there is lushness to the textures, ripeness to the fruit and a salty, mineral character that really hangs on your palate. The wine has one of the largest percentages of Cabernet Franc in all of Bordeaux at 80% with the remainder coming from 20% Merlot. The wine reached 15% alcohol with a pH of 3.81. Thomas Duclos is the new consultant at Le Dome and he's apparently kicked things up a notch.

Inky dark in color, the wine pops with all the flowers, black raspberries, smoke, licorice, cherry and vanilla bean you'll need. Full bodied, powerful and concentrated, there is lushness to the textures, ripeness to the fruit and a salty, mineral character that really hangs on your palate. The wine has one of the largest percentages of Cabernet Franc in all of Bordeaux at 80% with the remainder coming from 20% Merlot. The wine reached 15% alcohol with a pH of 3.81. Thomas Duclos is the new consultant at Le Dome and he's apparently kicked things up a notch.

5,038 Views   Tasted
2015 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 95
Chocolate-covered black raspberries, ripe, juicy, smoky plums, crushed stone and cherry liqueur really makes an excellent impression on your palate. There is length, purity and fat, supple textures to be savored. This wine was made from a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot reaching 13.8% alcohol with a pH of 3.85. The harvest took place from October 2 to October 6.

Chocolate-covered black raspberries, ripe, juicy, smoky plums, crushed stone and cherry liqueur really makes an excellent impression on your palate. There is length, purity and fat, supple textures to be savored. This wine was made from a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot reaching 13.8% alcohol with a pH of 3.85. The harvest took place from October 2 to October 6.

4,186 Views   Tasted
2014 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
Licorice, black plum liqueur, caramel and spice on the nose, this wine is concentrated with ripe tannins, minerals and a fresh, fennel, cocoa and black cherry finish. The wine was made from a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot reaching 13% alcohol with a pH of 3.71. 92-94 Pts

Licorice, black plum liqueur, caramel and spice on the nose, this wine is concentrated with ripe tannins, minerals and a fresh, fennel, cocoa and black cherry finish. The wine was made from a blend of 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot reaching 13% alcohol with a pH of 3.71. 92-94 Pts

6,406 Views   Tasted
2013 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 91
With licorice, chocolate, plum and floral notes on the nose, the wine is fresh, spicy, medium bodied and plush with a soft chocolate, red plum and stone-driven finish. From 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, the wine reached 12.9% alcohol with a pH of 3.65. The yields were 26 hectoliters per hectare. 90-92 Pts

With licorice, chocolate, plum and floral notes on the nose, the wine is fresh, spicy, medium bodied and plush with a soft chocolate, red plum and stone-driven finish. From 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot, the wine reached 12.9% alcohol with a pH of 3.65. The yields were 26 hectoliters per hectare. 90-92 Pts

2,542 Views   Tasted
2012 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
With a lot of Cabernet Franc for the vintage at 80%, the remainder taken up by 20% Merlot, the wine reached 13% alcohol with a pH of 3.72. Fresh flowers, black raspberries and espresso bean, polished, strong tannins and a fresh, black raspberry, structured, stern, mineral dominated finish. 92-94 Pts

With a lot of Cabernet Franc for the vintage at 80%, the remainder taken up by 20% Merlot, the wine reached 13% alcohol with a pH of 3.72. Fresh flowers, black raspberries and espresso bean, polished, strong tannins and a fresh, black raspberry, structured, stern, mineral dominated finish. 92-94 Pts

3,919 Views   Tasted
2011 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
Inky in color and from a blend of 80% Cabernet Fran and 20% Merlot, the wine reached 13.10% alcohol. With espresso bean, licorice, earth and black cherry, this wine is densely packed with tannin, black cherry liqueur, licorice and coffee. Structured to age, this will take time to come around. 92-94 Pts

Inky in color and from a blend of 80% Cabernet Fran and 20% Merlot, the wine reached 13.10% alcohol. With espresso bean, licorice, earth and black cherry, this wine is densely packed with tannin, black cherry liqueur, licorice and coffee. Structured to age, this will take time to come around. 92-94 Pts

6,342 Views   Tasted
2010 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
Le Dome 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot combined to produce what’s probably the wine with the highest percentage of Cabernet Franc from Bordeaux in the vintage. The wine reached reached 14.58% alcohol with a pH 3.8. A deep purple color leads into a licorice, floral, oak, and spicy blackberry perfume, plush textures and a finish that offers oak, coco and black cherries. About 1,000 cases were produced of this unique St. Emilion. 92-94 Pts

Le Dome 80% Cabernet Franc and 20% Merlot combined to produce what’s probably the wine with the highest percentage of Cabernet Franc from Bordeaux in the vintage. The wine reached reached 14.58% alcohol with a pH 3.8. A deep purple color leads into a licorice, floral, oak, and spicy blackberry perfume, plush textures and a finish that offers oak, coco and black cherries. About 1,000 cases were produced of this unique St. Emilion. 92-94 Pts

8,414 Views   Tasted
2009 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
2009 Le Dome is inky black. Produced from a whopping 80% cabernet franc, this unique wine offers licorice, fresh herbs, black raspberries, black cherry jam, coffee, espresso, and smoke aromas. Full bodied and filled with ripe fruit, this powerful wine ends with a long finish of blackberry, toasty oak, licorice, and mocha flavors. 92-94 Pts

2009 Le Dome is inky black. Produced from a whopping 80% cabernet franc, this unique wine offers licorice, fresh herbs, black raspberries, black cherry jam, coffee, espresso, and smoke aromas. Full bodied and filled with ripe fruit, this powerful wine ends with a long finish of blackberry, toasty oak, licorice, and mocha flavors. 92-94 Pts

7,650 Views   Tasted
2008 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 92
Château Le Dome is the top wine in the extensive catalogue of Jonathan Maltus, is an engaging bottling. With the highest level of cabernet franc used in Bordeaux, 75%, the wine has a definite personality not always easy to discern in barrel. From sandy, limestone soils and 100% new oak, this 750 case cuvee is the color of ink. This aromatically complex wine with coffee, spice, black and red fruits with BBQ and caramel notes has much to offer. Full bodied and concentrated, the wine finishes with strong flavors of boysenberry and fennel root. The 08 is the richest vintage yet for this winery, and also the most accessible one.

Château Le Dome is the top wine in the extensive catalogue of Jonathan Maltus, is an engaging bottling. With the highest level of cabernet franc used in Bordeaux, 75%, the wine has a definite personality not always easy to discern in barrel. From sandy, limestone soils and 100% new oak, this 750 case cuvee is the color of ink. This aromatically complex wine with coffee, spice, black and red fruits with BBQ and caramel notes has much to offer. Full bodied and concentrated, the wine finishes with strong flavors of boysenberry and fennel root. The 08 is the richest vintage yet for this winery, and also the most accessible one.

5,128 Views   Tasted
2005 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
05 Le Dome Coffee, blackberry, juicy red plums, licorice and forest floor scents greeted your nose. With soft textures, this wine finishes with freshness, licorice, coca, plums and black cherries. Another 5 years will add a lot of roundness to this wine.

05 Le Dome Coffee, blackberry, juicy red plums, licorice and forest floor scents greeted your nose. With soft textures, this wine finishes with freshness, licorice, coca, plums and black cherries. Another 5 years will add a lot of roundness to this wine.

7,458 Views   Tasted
This opens with fresh herbs, ripe red and black fruits, new oak and fennel. Medium bodied/full bodied, with silky textures and ample freshness to give it lift. The wine finishes with elegant ripe fruits.

This opens with fresh herbs, ripe red and black fruits, new oak and fennel. Medium bodied/full bodied, with silky textures and ample freshness to give it lift. The wine finishes with elegant ripe fruits.

5,413 Views   Tasted
2002 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 89
The nose expresses berries, coffee. herbs and new wood scents. Some green was noted in the back of the mouth in the smooth, textured finish.

The nose expresses berries, coffee. herbs and new wood scents. Some green was noted in the back of the mouth in the smooth, textured finish.

4,802 Views   Tasted
2001 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 91
With its herbal aromas and blasts of red and black fruit, the wine was definitely open for business. Closer to medium bodied than full bodied, with soft textures, there is no reason to wait for this to develop further.

With its herbal aromas and blasts of red and black fruit, the wine was definitely open for business. Closer to medium bodied than full bodied, with soft textures, there is no reason to wait for this to develop further.

4,275 Views   Tasted
2000 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 93
Full-bodied, rich, and intense, the wine is lushly textured with notes of licorice, flowers, crushed rocks, tobacco, thyme, dried flowers, espresso, and dark red berries. Still youthful, this can benefit from a few more years in the cellar.

Full-bodied, rich, and intense, the wine is lushly textured with notes of licorice, flowers, crushed rocks, tobacco, thyme, dried flowers, espresso, and dark red berries. Still youthful, this can benefit from a few more years in the cellar.

2,131 Views   Tasted
Soft, sweet, silky, spicy berries find their way to your palate, This full boded wine ends with a blend of black and red fruits, spice, fresh herbs,and licorice

Soft, sweet, silky, spicy berries find their way to your palate, This full boded wine ends with a blend of black and red fruits, spice, fresh herbs,and licorice

5,761 Views   Tasted
Blackberry, stone, smoke, licorice and grassy herbs are easy to find. With 3-4 hours of air, the wine softened and gained in compexity, ending in an anise, herb and dark berry finsh.

Blackberry, stone, smoke, licorice and grassy herbs are easy to find. With 3-4 hours of air, the wine softened and gained in compexity, ending in an anise, herb and dark berry finsh.

5,069 Views   Tasted
1998 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 92
Le Dome Cigar box, caramel, licorice, plum and chocolate aromas are a pleasure to spend time with. Medium to full boded, this silky, elegant wine end with a sweet, chocolate covered, black cherry finish.

Le Dome Cigar box, caramel, licorice, plum and chocolate aromas are a pleasure to spend time with. Medium to full boded, this silky, elegant wine end with a sweet, chocolate covered, black cherry finish.

5,090 Views   Tasted
1996 Château Le Dome  (St. Émilion Grand Cru) 86
Charcoal, smoke, cassis scents in the nose. This medium bodied wine ends with herbs and tart black cherries. This is probably past its prime and is on the downside of life. This is the debut vintage for this wine. Subsequent vintages are better wines.

Charcoal, smoke, cassis scents in the nose. This medium bodied wine ends with herbs and tart black cherries. This is probably past its prime and is on the downside of life. This is the debut vintage for this wine. Subsequent vintages are better wines.

4,367 Views   Tasted
1996 was the debut vintage for Le Dome. This was lacking the more elegant, richer, polished style that Maltus is producing at the property today.

1996 was the debut vintage for Le Dome. This was lacking the more elegant, richer, polished style that Maltus is producing at the property today.

3,894 Views   Tasted