Chateauneuf du Pape book by Harry Karis

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
S Verhage
New Member 50 Pts

Chateauneuf du Pape book by Harry Karis

Post by S Verhage » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Thought I'd give wholehearted endorsement of Harry Karis' new book, "The Chateauneuf du Pape book". I just visited there and this book single handedly enriched my experience, deepened my knowledge, and expanded my appreciation of Chateauneuf du Pape wines.

Great gift for a wine lover.

DISCLOSURE: I have no affiliation with Harry or the book. After buying it, he did help me plan my trip.

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: Chateauneuf du Pape book by Harry Karis

Post by Jeff Leve » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Sasha Verhage wrote:Thought I'd give wholehearted endorsement of Harry Karis' new book, "The Chateauneuf du Pape book". I just visited there and this book single handedly enriched my experience, deepened my knowledge, and expanded my appreciation of Chateauneuf du Pape wines.

Great gift for a wine lover.

DISCLOSURE: I have no affiliation with Harry or the book. After buying it, he did help me plan my trip.

It's a great book! It is clearly the reference work for Chateauneuf du Pape.

Marshall Gelb
New Member 50 Pts

Post by Marshall Gelb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:13 am

I had dinner with Harry recently in Tucson. He is a very engaging fellow with limitless knowledge. His book is truly a work of love and passion which is very evident when you hear him speak. He spoke honestly and eloquently about each wine we tasted. He is not a "bandwagon" type as he analyzed each wine in a thoughtful and honest manner. Certainly one of the best wine dinners I have ever attended!

Cheers!
Marshall

Mark Neustrom
Contributor 85 Pts

Post by Mark Neustrom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:01 pm

I haven't met Harry and haven't been to the Rhone but it is a major addition to the literature on CdP and a great read!