Old french wine ....

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
hollywiliams
New Member 50 Pts

Old french wine ....

Post by hollywiliams » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 am

Hi there. I have a very, very old bottle of Johnston Medoc wine. Label in in fair shape & all writing is in French. It states it is established 1734. Can anyone offer a site where I may get more info on this wine?

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: Old french wine ....

Post by Jeff Leve » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Holly... Sorry for the delay in responding. The truth is, the forum was not really up and running yet. I was busy working on the main site. But the forums are about ready to be used.

I do not have enough information on the wine you are asking about. However, the name implies it is a simple, generic Bordeaux wine that was produced by the Nathaniel Johnston Negociant company. They are still in business today.

You can post an image if you like. Or if you can let me know if the label offers any additional information such as the vintage, or the appellation, if there is one, which I doubt, that would help.