Funny Stories of Wine

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
W Keefer
New Member 50 Pts

Funny Stories of Wine

Post by W Keefer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm

I love finding new wines to enjoy. And, I so look forward to being part of this community in hopes of finding some great ones - and possibly some more obscure, less mainstream wineries, varietals, etc. That said, I thought for my first post sharing a funny story about wine might be a good start. My husband and I have been married for almost 15 years. During our first few months of dating, in an attempt to impress me I suspect, he began drinking wine. His younger brother found out about this new interest and, for the holidays, purchased my husband a nice bottle of Zinfandel (a pretty good bottle for a student to purchase). My husband did not realize Zinfandel was a red grape and, thus, a red wine. His familiarity with the word/name was associated with White Zinfandel. Later that day, when I inquired why he didn't seem more excited about that thoughtful gift, he looked at me in disgust and said, "I don't drink pink wine." Aside from the laugh that provided given the wine in question was, indeed, red, we are now quite big fans of good roses such that I continue to remind him of this story and we always get a good chuckle out of it. I hope you do too and I hope you will share your own wine experiences in reply.