3 Great Merlots

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Dennis Wilson
New Member 50 Pts

3 Great Merlots

Postby Dennis Wilson » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

Had a mini Merlot tasting last night of 2008 Napa merlot. The Bevan, Hourglass Blueline and Switchback merlots are all fantastic wines. Crowd pleasing richness and power - and the added "yummyness" factor as one friend described it. These are not cheap, but are beautiful, well made wines that I hope can be an example to others who have abandoned the grape - winemakers and winedrinkers

W Keefer
New Member 50 Pts

Postby W Keefer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks so much for the information. I have seen several good things here about the Switchback. I will have to give that one a try. I, like many, abandoned the grape some in recent years, but still enjoy most of the vintages of Leonetti Cellar's Merlot.

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Postby Jeff Leve » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 am

I like all the wines you guys suggested. I'm also a fan of Pahlmeyer merlot. But I must admit, most of the merlot wines I drink are from Pomerol and St. Emilion.

Tony Velebil
Active Member 75 Pts

Postby Tony Velebil » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:22 am

I love the Bevan Wines and the Merlot is very tasty. Power, richness and complexity. Disclaimer - I am friends with Russell Bevan and have had wine many times at his house

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”