Reims advice please

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Jude1
New Member 50 Pts

Reims advice please

Post by Jude1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:39 pm

First post, so just to start by saying thanks for such an amazing wine resource!

Any advice greatly appreciated please - am travelling to Reims at the end of next week and already have champagne house visits set up in advance.

I was interested though in any recommendations people had on the restaurant side. There are obviously a number of starred restaurants, but was after something unique/typical of the region with a great wine list, rather than just Michelin for the sake of it!

Also, any bars with particularly good/interesting wine lists. Have had a scout on websites, but they don’t seem to publish wine lists, as they tend to do in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: Reims advice please

Post by Jeff Leve » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:09 am

Thank you for the post. But I am sorry to say, I have never been to Reims and have no idea on where to go. I have friends that really enjoyed their meal at Domaine Les Crayeres, which has a connection to Dom Perignon. I wish I could be of more help.

Jude1
New Member 50 Pts

Post by Jude1 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:01 pm

No worries at all; I’ve now booked in at Crayeres - it was a toss-up between this and Assiette Champenoise, so fingers crossed!

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Post by Jeff Leve » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am

Not sure if you have, or want to go to Dom Perignon, Krug or the other houses owned by LVMH. But you should ask the hotel conceroege for help in making a reservation, as I am not sure how easy those places are to get into.