NV Krug Brut Rose

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Blake Brown
Needs a Day Job 95 Pts

NV Krug Brut Rose

Post by Blake Brown » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm

NV KRUG BRUT ROSE- from a half bottle, this had the code 414078 which informs the cork was placed in autumn of 2014, it consists of 4 vintages with 2005 the oldest and 2008 the youngest and making up 34% of the total blend; 51% Pinot Noir, 41% Chardonnay, 8% Pinot Meunier; aged for more that 6 years, it has 10% skin fermented Pinot Noir added.

Tasting notes: After noticing the pale orange colour and having the first nose and sip, I had to look to make sure I wasn’t drinking the Grande Cuvee which we had a few nights earlier also from half bottle because the first impression was of similar rich peach flavours; if I had just waited, it was soon thereafter that it offered a different profile of spicy red cherry, citrus and alined butter; then as with the Grande Cuvee, it morphed into another expression and along came some toasty, smoky red raspberry and blood orange; this was full bodied, complex and made a much bigger statement that previous releases I`ve sampled.

Cheers,
Blake