1997 Williams Selyem Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Blake Brown
Needs a Day Job 95 Pts

1997 Williams Selyem Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir

Postby Blake Brown » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Often, I get the inclination to open up a great wine and last Friday night was one of those occasions. Leaning toward the more elegant, balanced and lighter fruit profile and weight, I picked this bottle and got what I was looking for.

1997 WILLIAMS SELYEM ALLEN VINEYARD PINOT NOIR- 13.8% abv; pulling the cork was not easy, but accomplished using a Durand and I wondered if the wine was good as the ullage was low shoulder and the cork splintered a bit with fine sawdust like particles; the nose on the cork and the bottle was devoid of any issues; when pouring a small taste, the color was a very pale red/ pink which is much lighter than usual; the taste put a smile on my face as it had all I was expecting; with aromatics of red cherry and a touch of spice, the taste had cinnamon, spice red raspberry and red cherry; in perfect balance, it was soooo good; the wine got better in the glass and by the time the bottle was empty, my wife and I had a smile on our faces and I texted Burt.

Cheers,
'Blake

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”