2006 E. Guigal La Turque Cote Rotie

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Blake Brown
Needs a Day Job 95 Pts

2006 E. Guigal La Turque Cote Rotie

Postby Blake Brown » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:11 am

2006 E. GUIGAL LA TURQUE COTE ROTIE- another quick pick out of a cellar for an extra treat for an evening full of treats; showing really ready although young, it gave lots of pleasurable notes and promises for a long, sustainable journey; hints of ready to evolve pepper and spice accent the smoke, liquorice, tobacco and vanilla laced black cherry fruit; it`s full bodied, rich and vibrant with a bit of dryness at the end, but the lingering notes from the aromas and taste do not allow for much interruption.

Cheers,
Blake

Paul Curtis
Active Member 75 Pts

Re: 2006 E. Guigal La Turque Cote Rotie

Postby Paul Curtis » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 am

Thanks for your notes, I've had a few 06's and think great value vintage relatively speaking!

How long did you decant for and over what drinking window? My experience of La Las is need absolutely minimum 2 hours in the decanter before worth drinking and good vintages at least 3 hours.

Blake Brown
Needs a Day Job 95 Pts

Postby Blake Brown » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Paul Curtis wrote:Thanks for your notes, I've had a few 06's and think great value vintage relatively speaking!

How long did you decant for and over what drinking window? My experience of La Las is need absolutely minimum 2 hours in the decanter before worth drinking and good vintages at least 3 hours.

This bottle was selected out of the cellar after an immense amount of wine had already been consumed and opened and drank immediately. I agree, in a perfect world, a good 2-3 hours + is indicated for decanting these wines.

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Postby Jeff Leve » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:36 pm

For me, it all depends. While I seldom get to drink the young vintages, recently the 09's were just stellar, right out of the bottle. Just popped and poured. But the 2010's, even with 3 hours or so of air, were still quite stubborn.

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”