3 fine wines with dinner incl. 04` Guigal La Mouline

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Blake Brown
Needs a Day Job 95 Pts

3 fine wines with dinner incl. 04` Guigal La Mouline

Postby Blake Brown » Wed May 31, 2017 8:07 am

We were invited to another couple`s home and treated to a wonderful evening of great food, wine and friendship. With appetizers and dinner, we enjoyed the following wines:

NV R&L LEGRAS CUVEE HOMMAGE BLANC de BLANC BRUT GRAND CRU- I was delighted to see this bottle appear as I am very fond of the house champagne made by Legras for Latour d`Argent and its sister restaurant, Rotisserie, in Paris and have not found it in the US; I was curious to see how similar it is and was more delighted to find it very much the same bubbly; the hallmark as I remembered it is its spiciness which as our uber knowledgeable, ITB host explained is a major characteristic of the sourced vineyard in Chouilly; along with the nose and taste both redolent with spice, fresh fruit of lemon and lime came in while being served up in a medium weighted mousse; it was a real treat and mindful of so many wonderful meals at the Parisian restaurants and now with dear friends.

NV CHARLES HEIDSIECK BRUT ROSE RESERVE- I chose this champagne to compliment the strawberry crème fraiche served with it since it`s primary fruit profile is of fresh, ripe strawberries; there`s some red cherry and a bit of toast along with some ginger and spice that come in as well; it was crisp and refreshing as well as rich and bountiful.

2004 E. GUIGAL LA MOULINE COTE ROTIE- 100% Syrah; this is drinking nicely at the present, offering beautiful balance to support the mild spice and pepper notes that embellish the bacon overtones with underlying blueberry, black raspberry and blackberry fruit; it kept getting better and better with each taste; great now and promises for stellarness down the line.

Cheers,
Blake

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: 3 fine wines with dinner incl. 04` Guigal La Mouline

Postby Jeff Leve » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:50 am

Blake... You guys are my hero's. You drink more Guigal than anyone I know. I am always a little bit jealous, just so you know.

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”