Visiting Bordeaux in August - Medoc chateau visits possible?

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
joann.pham
New Member 50 Pts

Visiting Bordeaux in August - Medoc chateau visits possible?

Postby joann.pham » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:01 pm

After discovering this great website during my research for our upcoming vacation to Bordeaux in August, I noticed most chateaux in the left bank are closed. Is it possible to see any of then mid August or are we screwed? Thanks!

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: Visiting Bordeaux in August - Medoc chateau visits possi

Postby Jeff Leve » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:02 am

joann.pham wrote:After discovering this great website during my research for our upcoming vacation to Bordeaux in August, I noticed most chateaux in the left bank are closed. Is it possible to see any of then mid August or are we screwed? Thanks!

Thank you for the post. You will have to contact the one at a time ask. Most of France, especially Bordeaux is closed for summer vacation in August.

Howard Cooper
Serious Poster 90 Pts

Re: Visiting Bordeaux in August - Medoc chateau visits possi

Postby Howard Cooper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:02 am

joann.pham wrote:After discovering this great website during my research for our upcoming vacation to Bordeaux in August, I noticed most chateaux in the left bank are closed. Is it possible to see any of then mid August or are we screwed? Thanks!

I think you would find that in many if not most wine areas in France if not Europe that a lot of places (wineries, restaurants, etc.) are closed in August. Europeans tend to take vacation in August. We have had much better luck in July.

Lili Dunford
New Member 50 Pts

Re: Visiting Bordeaux in August - Medoc chateau visits possible?

Postby Lili Dunford » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:32 pm

You may find some. We traveled the South of France many years ago in August on a motorbike. It was FANTASTIC!! I'd love to do it again :)
Wine lover and contributor to http://www.coolwinehost.com

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”