San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Riserva 2006

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
emma.louise
New Member 50 Pts

San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Riserva 2006

Post by emma.louise » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:53 am

I found this bottle on the dark side of my wine rack and I'm not sure what to think. I feel as though I should drink it soon because it is probably starting to fall off. However Id rather not drink it if I believe its going to be a flabby, unfruitful, disaster...
At this point I almost would just like to save the bottle. Just curious if any of you guys have tasted this vintage and if you think it would still be good to drink. I love this wine and drink it on occasion, just unsure if this is still a go. What would you do?
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
-Plautus

<3 Emski <3

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Riserva 2006

Post by Jeff Leve » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Emma

Thank you for such a nice first post. A lot of people like this. In most vintages, and the 2006 San Felice Il Grigio Chianti Classico Riserva is no exception, the wine will be best between 8 and 15 years of age. So your bottle, if it has been well stored, should be in drinking in the perfect place today. Enjoy!

Are Italian wines your favorite?

emma.louise
New Member 50 Pts

Post by emma.louise » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm

I cannot say I have a favorite region, but many Italian wines are nothing short of fantastic. From Soave to Borolo to Kerner to Sicilian Nero d'Avola Italy can sure produce some fantastic Vino. I will say my newest favorite Italian red at a reasonable price is the 2013 Tua Rita Rosso dei Notri Toscana.

Wine is just so much fun. Im glad I found this blog!
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
-Plautus

<3 Emski <3

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Post by Jeff Leve » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:01 am

Hi Emma

And we're happy you discovered The Wine Cellar Insider too! Have you looked at the main site for information about wine? You can find a lot of wine info on there, although I must admit, it's mostly about Bordeaux, Chateauneuf du Pape, Cote Rote, Hermitage and California wine. Our Italian wine coverage is to be polite, limited :oops: