97` Chave Hermitage

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Blake Brown
Serious Poster 90 Pts

97` Chave Hermitage

Postby Blake Brown » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:23 am

1997 DOMAINE JEAN-LOUIS CHAVE HERMITAGE- 375 ml; while dining solo at Tour d`Argent, this was the somms choice for the duck course I ordered and it was perfectly paired as well as a stand alone treat; the color was a still youthful dark garnet; this bottle was seamless and had full bodied pleasure with depth and complexity served up in a creamy, rich texture; the layers of the taste profile kept unfolding with mostly blackberry and black currant showing up along with a hint of bacon, leather and licorice; a splendid performance from a recommendation that usurped my initial selection of a red Burgundy.
Attachments
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG (110.5 KiB) Viewed 10584 times
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG (117.51 KiB) Viewed 10584 times

Jeff Leve
Needs a Life 99 Pts

Re: 97` Chave Hermitage

Postby Jeff Leve » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:25 am

I hope you're loving your trip to France! if I remember correctly, I liked the view, more than the food at Tour d'Argent. I am a big fan of 97 Chave Hermitage. I still have several bottles and agree, they are showing well.

Are you going anyplace outside of Paris?

Blake Brown
Serious Poster 90 Pts

Re: 97` Chave Hermitage

Postby Blake Brown » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:00 am

Jeff Leve wrote:I hope you're loving your trip to France! if I remember correctly, I liked the view, more than the food at Tour d'Argent. I am a big fan of 97 Chave Hermitage. I still have several bottles and agree, they are showing well.

Are you going anyplace outside of Paris?

Jeff,after 9 days in Paris, I`m now in Amsterdam for a total of 3 weeks. This is an annual to semi annual trek for me.

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”