3 champagnes: NV Tour d`Argent BdB, Vranken and Ruinart rose

A fun, easy going place to talk about any wine and food related topic or issue. This is a real names board. You will need to register with your real first and last name before being able to post.
Blake Brown
Serious Poster 90 Pts

3 champagnes: NV Tour d`Argent BdB, Vranken and Ruinart rose

Postby Blake Brown » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:16 am

NV LA TOUR D`ARGENT GRAND CRU BLANC de BLANC- made by the champagne house, R&L Legras in Chouilly, this consistently fine bubbly continues to impress and is an easy choice when dining at the restaurant for which it is made; I get it every time I dine at the esteemed legendary restaurant and also at the boutique shop now located on the first floor; the dosage is 6 g/l; it is aged for 2 years before disgorging then aged 6 months in the bottle; served best cool not chilled, it has nice acidity, pure citrus flavors aided by toasty brioche accents; it has charm and finesse and is a perfect aperitif; the back label states most of what I perceived before noticing it; I love the validation.

NV VRANKEN DEMOISELLE GRAND CUVEE BRUT ROSE- 375 ml; I bought this and a few other champagnes when first arriving in Paris to enjoy after a long day of travel and work related tasks; bright salmon color with aromas and tastes of lightly toasted and mildly spiced strawberry and raspberry with some wild red cherry coming in by mid palate; it`s medium bodied and has a roundness that is sustained throughout the entire experience; it has a good mouthfeel and long finish; always a treat for my palate.

NV RUINART BRUT ROSE- 375 ml; 55% Pinot Noir of which less than 20% is still wine adding more color and taste, 45% Chardonnay; part of my ½ bottle purchase in Paris and a big winner in my cellar for the past few years although in 750 ml formats; dark copper red color, bold aromatics of joy and pleasure followed by a confirmation in the glass of bright acidity, a bounty of ripe, fresh red fruit with a dollop of spice and a creamy texture full of weight; it resembled the bigger bottle character that I have loved so much and did not seem to be more evolved or showing secondary, mature notes.
Attachments
2845e27953294adca0b6d91848786167-blanc-champ-9.jpg
2845e27953294adca0b6d91848786167-blanc-champ-9.jpg (23.64 KiB) Viewed 12648 times

Return to “Wine & Food Talk”